- The original Termini brothers came to America from Sicily in 1921.
- Termini Bros opened their first location in 1921 (now Mr. Joe's Cafe).
- They moved to their flagship location in 1938 at 1523 S 8th Street.
- The s 8th location has all the original cases, floor tiles, ceilings and work benches.
- Check out their Art Deco sign and entrance.
- Come on a Saturday to listen to two older gentlemen play Italian music on their guitar and accordion.
- Come in for a free sample.
- Try their famous cannoli (singular cannolo), cream cakes and Italian cookies.
- Come on a Saturday if you don't like to listen to two older gentlemen play Italian music on their guitar and accordion. (Actually they're not there every Saturday)
- Feel like walking all the way to south philly? Visit one of their four other locations, including the Comcast Center and the Reading Terminal Market.
- Be shy to ask about their baked goods which are made on the premises. Peach is especially helpful.
- Be fooled into thinking that this is a small bakery. Termini Bros extends into several buildings.
|Original mixer still in use today. The machine, not the man in the background.|
Click on www.termini.com for more information.