- Fitzwater Cafe started out in 1992 as a takeout pastry shop.
- Before it was a cafe or pastry shop it was a gas station.
- The owners did all of the renovation design work themselves.
- In 1998 Fitzwater opened for sit-down breakfast and lunch service.
- The owners of Fitzwater Cafe also own Saloon right across the street.
- Bring cash. If you bring credit you'll be sorry. Really, really sorry.
- Try their french toast - it is honestly the best I've ever had.
- Try their chicken cutlet sandwich. I don't care if you're a vegetarian - it's that good.
- Try their baked goods - they are all baked in house by their pastry chef Lawrence Irvin.
- Tell other people. Seriously, it's crowded enough on weekends.
- Try to get lunch after 2:15 - the kitchen is closed.
- Worry about breaking the bank for breakfast or lunch. Prices are really reasonable and portions are big.
Fitzwater Cafe is located at 728 South 7th Street, on Fitzwater at 7th.