- Di Bruno Bros began with two brothers originally from Italy opening a grocery store in 1939 at 930 S. 9th Street.
- They became Di Bruno Bros "House of Cheese", a gourmet cheese and meat store in 1965 to combat the spread of the big supermarket chains.
- Still a family run business, it now encompasses a variety of specialty goods from all over the world.
- Visit the original location at 930 s 9th street (I'm not just saying that because they have some good looking guys working there. Okay, I am.)
- Ask for advice on the right cheese and/or meat. They are extremely helpful and good looking. (Wait, did I already mention good looking?)
- Buy some warm bread to go with your cheese. It's made down the street in the Italian Market.
- Ask for a sample.
- Feel like walking to the Italian Market? Visit one of their other locations, including Rittenhouse Square and the Comcast Center.
- Feel like cooking? Try their cafe or purchase their ready-made meals at the Rittenhouse location.
- Like olives? Yeah, me neither. But they have a vast selection.
Get ready for tomorrow's Interview with a Taxidermist!