The experience was far more dreadful than expected.
- People who work at the DMV actually hate you. No, really, they do. They must - because civil and polite behavior is met with grunts and rudeness.
- When there is a line out the door they decide that three special needs employees (I'm not being mean -they really are special needs) taking license photos is one too many. So they then have only two employees helping one hundred people.
- You are constantly getting a new number to put you in a new longer line.
- The people sitting next to you - not the creme de la creme of society.
- These may not, in fact, be facts, per se.
- Make sure that you have plenty of time to spare. For example two to three hours.
- Bring reading material or be content to stare at the grimy floor.
- Do have all the forms already filled out - it may just save you some mind-numbing wait time.
- Bring cash. They only take check or money orders.
- Expect the man next to you to actually bathe or clean his long yellow fingernails.