*(I didn't. But you can imagine what it would be like if I did)
Actually, I moved to Wilmington, Delaware. That's right - I'm no longer a resident of Philadelphia but it is only a short 40 minute drive away! (Too bad that I hate to drive). But dry your tears! I will still post about Philly and now, as an added bonus, at no extra cost, Delaware!
- Wilmington is - as I already mentioned - close to Philadelphia! And Baltimore! And sort of - Washington, D.C.
- TAX FREE!!!! That's right mo-fos - no tax on food! Or drink! Or clothes! Or Amazon deliveries! And all sorts of other stuff!
- Parking doesn't cost a fortune! I can park in front of my residence - FOR FREE!
- Car State Inspection - FREE! Are you sensing a trend?
- It has the Riverfront. It's very pretty and there are restaurants and a new IMAX theater.
|This picture does not show said restaurants or IMAX|
- No Whole Foods (yeah, yeah, yeah, First World Problems)
- The city motto is kind of lame. But I'll let you decide.
- The Restaurants cannot compare to Philly - and we have really really tried to find great ones (We will settle for just good at this point)
- It's not Philly
- I love Philly. I always will but it is nice to have a change.
- I like having a yard
- We also have a connection to William Penn! New Castle, Delaware was once part of Pennsylvania.
|Statue of William Penn in historic New Castle|
- There is a SEPTA train from Philly to Wilmington so you don't need to have a car to get here! (HINT HINT)