So I've compiled the top 3 restaurants that I enjoy - if you know of any others that are better - by all means please comment.
This is probably the best restaurant in the area - and it's not even in Wilmington. It's owned by husband/wife chef team of Merry Catanuto and William Hoffman in a former house (thus the clever name). Fresh, local and delicious food.
|Drinks on the veranda? I'm posh like that.|
1336 Old Lancaster Pike, Hockessin DE 19707.
1-9:30 Tuesday - Saturday, 10-2 for Sunday brunch and 5-7 for prix fixe Sunday supper,
Happy Hour Tuesday - Friday 3-6, closed Mondays.
- Go for Brunch and order anything with bacon (unless you are vegan/vegetarian/or have religious dietary restrictions, in which case, they have plenty of other great food)
- Have their fries! (unless you don't eat carbs/starch in which case I am sorry because the fries are really awesome)
- Go when already starving as I have found service to be slow. Very slow sometimes. It's the only real drawback.
- Worry if their lot is full. You can park in the lot by the park.
This Malaysian restaurant is a hidden gem in the Independence Mall on Concord Pike (not to be confused with Independence Hall in Philadelphia - they don't have food there). The food is tasty and reasonably priced.
|Roti - It may not look like much but it tastes great!|
1601 Concord Pike, Suite 73
Wilmington, DE 19803
302 543 5286 t.
Monday thru Saturday 11:30am-3:00pm, Sunday 12:00noon - 3:00pm
Monday thru Thursday 3:00pm-10:00pm, Friday and Saturday 3:00pm-10:30pm
- Have their Roti
- Try their Pad Thai, Thai Basil Noodles, and Pineapple Fried Rice
- Have their fountain soda -it's among the best that I have had. (Unless you don't drink soda. Which I try not to but honestly it is so very good)
- Worry - they have a lot of vegetarian and vegan options
- Feel overwhelmed by the service - they are very attentive. Very very attentive.
Great draft beer and great food. Three locations in the Wilmington/Newark/Kennett Square areas.
2502 Foulk Road
Valley View Plaza
Open 'til 1am
Mon - Sat: 11:30am - 5pm, Sun: 10am - 2pm
Sun - Wed: 5pm - 9pm,Thu - Sat: 5pm - 10pm
- Have their pulled pork - best I have had!!! (only if you eat pork, of course)
- Ask for a taste of any of their draft beers
- Take advantage of Happy Hour! ( Happy Hour Monday thru Friday- 3 to 6 pm)
- I don't really have any don'ts....
- Drink and Drive! (This is a given but I feel it does need repeating)
Harry's Fish Market + Grill - good food at great prices in the riverfront market. Their $3 Monday burger deal has lines out the market.
Kid Shelleen's - Love their brunch if you can get in. Very crowded, and a little pricey. Also half-price burgers on Tuesdays.