Sunday, April 24, 2011

Why I love the city of Philadelphia and so should you

Fact:
  • Because I do love Philadelphia. I may not say it, but it doesn't mean that I don't feel it. I'm just not the demonstrative type - alright? Will you just drop it? I already said I loved Philadelphia why do you have to make such a big deal out of it?
  • Philadelphia has historic buildings, beautiful architecture, blooming gardens, and glorious hidden side streets.

  • It also has unsentimental hoodlums who think that putting graffiti on fountains and littering is awesome.
Back of fountain on 9th near Pine
Front of fountain on 9th near Pine
  • But even the most hardened heart can admit that Philadelphia in the spring is a gorgeous gorgeous place.
Do:
  • Walk around the city or you'll miss out on sidewalk plots and impressive facades.
  • Watch where you're going. It might surprise you - but you're not the only person strolling on the sidewalk.
  • Do look at the window boxes. Rich people pay a lot of money to have them look so good.
Don't:
  •  Stop in the middle of the street or sidewalk to talk or gawk. 
  • Take a duck tour and obnoxiously blow your stupid yellow kazoo. 
  • Hassle Philadelphia inhabitants while directing a bus tour by asking them for some M&Ms.

No comments:

Post a Comment