So my latest foray into Philadelphia was at A.Kitchen. Where there is a kitchen, and some tables, and lots and lots of waitstaff. (side note: there was this blond kid who looked exactly like the bad guy from the Karate Kid (original) and I wanted so badly to say, "Sweep the leg, Johnny!" but I was pretty sure that he would think I was crazy so I refrained)
|Photo from their website|
- A.Kitchen is part of AKA Rittenhouse where many celebs stay.
- I saw Gerard Butler hanging outside AKA Rittenhouse a couple years ago. He looked like a scruffy dude - even though I was expecting King Leonidas.
- The food was really really good.
- Make a reservation as it is quite small.
- Have dessert - really totally awesome. Best poundcake I've ever had. No, really. I'm serious.
- Wear black, as the cloth napkin left white lint.
- Be freaked out about the portion size - it's actually filling and you won't feel sick afterwards.
|Not Gerard Butler|
35 South 18th Street Philadelphia, PA 19103
Just north of Walnut Street at AKA Rittenhouse Square
Can be a bit spendy for the non-Rittenhouse folks but well worth it. Check out their menu for more info. (What? You wanted me to provide you with that too? Don't be so lazy. Look at their website!)